Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Garth Brooks Comes Out Of Retirement

Superstar Garth Brooks has confirmed he's making a country
comeback, seven years after he announced his retirement.

The 45-year-old declared his intention to cease touring and
recording in 2000, but has now changed his mind with a new
single and a greatest hits collection, which includes three
new tracks, coming out later this year.

Garth, who is married to singer Trisha Yearwood, is looking
forward to seeing how he fares against a new generation of
country stars.

He says, "Sure I'm scared to death - I'm rusty and I've seen
these young guys. But I'm a competitor and when it's game
day you start competing.

"Keith Urban is a beautiful guy, and he's just one of about
50 guys out there I'll have to face this fall so if you don't
bring your A game you're going to get run over.

"And I'm Mr. Yearwood now so I want to make her proud."

But Garth has no plans to tour and hints he may head back to
retirement after the new material's release.

He says, "We'll go back to what I was doing before and sit
on our butts for a while after the promo work for the new
album is complete."

No comments:

Web Counter